Behaven Kids offers therapy services as part of the Specialized Day Program, as well as through Outpatient Therapy Services. We offer practical solutions for the most challenging problems faced by parents; defiance, disrespect, lying and cursing, concerns at school, unmotivated behavior, ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, academic concerns, and more. Children with defiant and disrespectful behavior can place stress on all family members and makes coming home almost an unbearable thought.
Behaven Kids provides tools for parents and children to cope with and eliminate emotional and behavioral problems. Children who have emotional and behavioral concerns will absolutely benefit from the parenting tools and techniques provided in sessions. Call the program nearest you if you have experienced any of the below scenarios:
- Are you a parent struggling with children that are angry, disrespectful, obnoxious, or apathetic toward you?
- Does your child appear to be anxious or depressed, having difficulty sleeping, sleeping more than normal, not completing homework assignments, or has lost pleasure in things they have previously enjoyed?
- Is your child unfocused, impulsive, or unable to follow directions or complete tasks?
- Are you receiving phone calls from school about your child’s behavior?
- Is your child struggling making friends, appears withdrawn socially, is isolating in their bedroom, potentially using drugs?
- Is there tension at home between family members? (arguing, aggression, or avoiding each other)
The professionals at Behaven Kids use evidence-based approaches to teach children/adolescents to become more aware of the current issues and learn how to use their strengths to work through and cope with current difficulties. Therapy Services can also be provided to parents, caretakers, and families regarding the daily stressors that surround parenting a child with behavioral and mental health concerns.
Behaven Kids Therapists are Trauma-Informed and are trained and experienced in offering a variety of different therapy models:
- CBT - Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- CPP - Child Parent Psychotherapy
- DBT - Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Our Licensed Mental Health Practitioners offer expertise in Family Psychotherapy, Individual Psychotherapy, Group Psychotherapy, and Group Psychoeducation.