We understand the importance of treating your child’s emotional and mental well-being. Our expert behavioral care is provided by our highly skilled mental health therapists, who are dedicated to improving the lives of children and their families. At Behaven Kids, we have proven tools and strategies to help build a positive, supportive setting for your child. Through the Specialized Day Program, we can help build positive behaviors by working with your child’s individual needs.
Building Social Skills Through Our Specialized Day Program
The Specialized Day Program offers a positive environment where children can learn valuable skills and is a uniquely designed plan to support your child’s success. Through the program, children and adolescents work within a highly structured care system as they overcome behavioral concerns, mental health issues, and trauma responses, giving children proven treatment interventions that work. Our care system is designed to help transition your child from our program to school and home life, giving you peace of mind and your child a better future.
Our therapists at Behaven Kids focus on promoting healthy behaviors, positive communication, and academic readiness by utilizing everyday social skills and reinforcing them through our therapeutic treatments, including utilizing elements of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Our program helps reinforce lifelong skills, including:
- Independent Play: Encouraging independent play helps foster imagination and creative play, teaches patience, and builds up problem-solving skills. Independent play works to build your child’s emotional confidence and physical activity and allows children to develop social skills at their own pace.
- Asking Permission: Teaching children to ask permission builds and shows respect for others, allowing children to recognize people’s autonomy and build positive relationships with others.
- Listening and Sharing: Listening and sharing skills are vital for improving positive relationships with others and building trust, respect, and belonging. These skills are also vital for better communication skills when speaking with others.
- Accepting “No” and Healthy Time Outs: In cases where children are denied what they want, teaching them ways to accept no helps reinforce respect for others and themselves in social situations, creating further empathy for others and teaching children alternative choices.
- Eating, Sleeping, and Potty Training: As an active daycare center, we focus on helping children with basic needs and teaching them proper manners for developmental growth.
- Anger Management: We work with children to help them face uncomfortable feelings of frustration and anger by helping them verbalize, label, and reinforce positive responses to behavior.
- Academic Readiness: Beyond improving social skills, our therapists and counselors will work with your child to improve their readiness for daycare, school, and life through developmental classes and workshops.
Find Lifetime Support at Behaven Kids
As a therapy center that simulates a daycare setting, we recognize the importance of building positive child behaviors. For over 20 years, we have helped change the lives of children everywhere. By working with us, you can see our passion for helping children and their families grow and succeed. Our Specialized Day Program runs from 6 am to 6 pm from Monday to Friday, excluding weekends.