Any family can find themselves struggling through the developmental stages of adolescence. Today’s teens face a variety of obstacles that can hinder their ability to cope with life’s challenges. Teens often struggle with depression, anxiety, self-injurious behavior or social and family pressures. Suicidal thoughts and behaviors are far too common among teens. Behaven Kids offers Adolescent Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Programs for teens using drugs or alcohol to cope with life's stressors.
Our Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program consists of 12 weeks of intensive treatment. Groups consist of a minimum of 3 adolescent individuals who are led through a curriculum based program which uses a multi-disciplinary approach. Our therapeutic interventions focus on teaching self-motivation, personal accountability, integrity, and ability to recognize one’s value and build self-respect.
We are committed to identifying, understanding, and treating the core issues that impact adolescents. These issues range from:
- Peer conflict
- Identity issues
- Parent conflict
- Sibling conflict
- Poor coping skills
- Substance use/abuse
- Mood Disorder
Treatment is tailored to the distinctive needs of each client and focuses on developing stability, insight, as well as emotional and behavioral self-regulation. Improving relationships and communication skills are an essential part of the process for our clients and their families.
Chemical Dependency Evaluations
Behaven Kids Offers Chemical Dependency Evaluations at both our Omaha and our Lincoln sites.
An evaluation does these things:
- Determines if the individual has a drug or alcohol addiction
- Assesses the extent of the substance use or addiction
- Discerns if there are any co-occurring conditions, including any physical or mental health concerns, or any other drug use
- Assesses the extent by which the substance use affects the person’s life
- Provides an understanding of the person and their circumstances so that the team may establish a baseline and build a treatment plan that is best suited for their needs and recovery
This assessment gives the team of professionals a unique perspective into the teen/adolescent's situation and reveals any special concerns that he or she may need to be addressed within treatment.